Did your doctor say you have fibroids during your annual gynaecological check-up? Now your brain may be packed with numerous questions and maybe surfing the internet to find what fibroids are? Why it brings pain to you? Should it be removed? Etc.
In general, most of the women get fibroids in their uterus during their reproductive age at least once in their lifetime, but they are harmless. But, if you experience pain, then the growth in the uterus should never be ignored.
Here in this article, let’s try to understand a few details about uterine fibroids, symptoms, causes, treatment and when to visit the doctor. So, keep reading the post.
Uterine fibroids are the rubbery mass of tissues which arises in the uterus. This non-cancerous growth occurs either in the uterus (subserosal fibroids) inside the uterus muscles (intramural fibroids) or in the uterine cavity (submucosal fibroids).
What causes uterine fibroids?
The causes behind the small growth of fibroids are yet not clearly understood. But certain factors may increase the risk of uterine fibroids and those include:
- Less intake of green leafy vegetables
- Too much alcohol consumption
- Early-onset of mensuration
- Ingesting too much heavy meat
What are the sign and symptoms you may notice when you have uterine fibroids?
Many women may not experience any symptoms. Sometimes during the routine gynaecology check-up, your doctor may find the uterine fibroids. Here we listed a few symptoms of fibroids, which may include:
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
- Bleeding during the periods
- Pelvic discomfort
- Lower back pain
- Feeling an urge to urinate more often
- Rectal pressure
- Painful intercourse
- Painful periods
- Feeling pressure in the lower belly area
When to see the doctor?
If you experience any of the above-listed symptoms or have severe pain in the pelvic region and if the self-care doesn’t help then visit your doctor immediately. Your doctor may suggest doing ultrasound based on the symptoms you have or if she suspects you have an enlarged uterus due to the presence of fibroid. In both the cases, based on your test reports your doctor may suggest you with the treatment options as these days there are many treatment options are available to solve benign growths. If medicines are prescribed, order them from a reliable online medicine site and get your medicines delivered directly at your doorstep.
How are uterine fibroids treated?
The doctor may suggest the best treatment options based on the size of the fibroids present and the area where it is located. Sometimes a complete surgical procedure may be required to remove the growth or need a nonsurgical treatment method where medicines may be prescribed to suppress the growth.
A few self-care tips to manage uterine fibroid symptoms:
- Keeping a heating pad on your lower abdomen may help relieve your symptoms also a hot shower bath can also help to ease the pain.
- Follow a deep breathing exercise, yoga, and medication to get relief from your painful symptoms
- Staying healthy and fit by including regular exercise in your routine may also help to manage you with a healthy weight and improves your overall health and wellbeing.
- Add supplements and vitamins like vitamin B1, B6, E, omega-3 fatty acid, and magnesium-rich foods in your diet. These may help to manage and reduce the growth or the size of the fibroid. So, if you are unable to manage these nutrients through food, consult your healthcare provider and get your supplements prescribed. Order the OTC products from the best online pharmacy store in India with amazing discounts at the comfort of your home.